How to enter our video competition
Make a video about ‘Our favourite part of staying at Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat’
Use phones, drones, cameras or GoPros to make a video about any aspect of staying at the Retreat that is especially memorable for you. Make sure you know what we're looking for by reading the terms and conditions below first, and then:
How to enter
Upload your movie1. Upload your movie to our Dropbox
Upload your movie to our comp's Dropbox folder.
Once you have uploaded your movie, fill in this form with some basic contact details.
Watch out for your movie on our Facebook page and tell your friends and family to cast their vote by liking, sharing and commenting on it.
Terms and conditions
Subject and length
- The subject and topic of your movie will be 'Our favourite part of staying at Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat'.
- Movies entered into this competition MUST be no longer than 60 seconds in duration (as we will be sharing them on our Instagram account). Entries longer than 60 seconds will be disqualified.
Ownership and permissions
- Entry into this competition indicates that:
1) you permit Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat to use part or all of your submission for its marketing purposes as it sees fit, with no time limit;
2) all material included in the movie is free from copyright issues – including ALL music, images, footage and other elements, which must be either originally yours or legally purchased from stock libraries; AND
3) all people depicted in the movie in any way have consented to be in it AND are aware of your entry in this competition.
- If we are unsatisfied that your entry is free from copyright or permission issues we will contact you to query the problem. We may ask you to provide a modified version of your entry before the submission closing date, or chose to disqualify your entry at our discretion.
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat will not be held responsible for breaches of copyright or permission as specified above. Entries found to breach these rules, even after submissions close, will be disqualified from the competition.
- Movies must be in .MP4, .MPEG, .MPG or .MOV formats. Any quality or resolution will be accepted (notwithstanding that its image quality or lack thereof may affect the judges' assessment in any of the categories).
- If we are unable to play the movie or upload it to social media platforms due to issues such as formatting, file corruption etc., we will notify you and request that you provide it again. However if this is not successful we cannot be held liable to offer more assistance.
- Successful entries comprise two parts:
1. movie files uploaded to our linked Dropbox folder, AND
2. your details entered via the entry form.
Entries that lack either of these components cannot be accepted for judging.
Judging and announcements
- Video entries must be uploaded via our linked Dropbox folder and the entry form submitted, by 6.00pm on 30 June 2018. No entries will be accepted after that time.
- The winners of the categories 'Best Overall Video' and 'Most Engaging or Romantic Story' will be judged by the manager and staff of Crystal Creek Retreat. One of the criteria is how well the video adheres to the subject. Another is whether the video tells your own story using your words, direct-to-camera delivery, video footage and/or photos.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the category 'Most Popular on Facebook' will be based on the greatest total number of likes, shares and comments for our post about all movie entries on our Facebook page at:
as of 6.00pm on 15 July 2018, approximately a fortnight after submissions close.
- We will notify the winners directly and also announce the results on our website and Facebook page on 31 July 2018.